FRANCESCO PALMIERI and PIERLUIGI BILLONE
New Music for Guitar
Electric Guitar Workshop with Composers
Dates: 01-03 August 2024 (3 days)
Application Deadline: 4 March 2024 11.59 pm
The New Music For Guitar Workshop is aimed at young guitarists who are passionate about the most recent music, in all its stylistic diversity, and consists of the creation of new compositions for solo guitar, written by young composers participating in the same workshop and Pierluigi Billone's composition masterclass - which takes place on the same days. Francesco Palmieri and Pierluigi Billone will assist the students in this process of creation, paying particular attention to the communication of musical ideas through notation, to the dynamic-creative role that the performer can play during the exploration of new paths, and to the collective reflection on the modes of performance (space, context, presentation, communication).
The organisation of the course foresees a selection of candidates, after which pairs of guitarists and composers will be formed. It will also be the task of the organisers to put each composer in contact with a guitarist to exchange drafts and ideas, so that the piece can be finalised profitably during the Masterclass days.
In the days leading up to the start of the course (29-31 July), CDM's facility and accommodation are available (upon reservation and at a flat rate of €25/day) for students who wish to begin work with the performer independently.
The new works for guitar will be presented in a final concert organised by Foresty International Music Festival, with a live recording (audio and video) that will be given to each composer and guitarist and (subject to agreement with them), published on the social pages and website of CdM San Michele and Foresty International Music Festival.
Calendar of Events:
29-30-31 July: days available for students, both composers and guitarists (reservation required) to start work on new pieces for electric guitar. The work will take place at the CDM facility, accommodation is available at a flat rate of 25€/day
1-2-3 August: Composition workshop for electric guitar - lessons with teachers Pierluigi Billone and Francesco Palmieri, working on new pieces for electric guitar
2 August: Lecture-Concert on the music of Pierluigi Billone with Francesco Palmieri and Alberto Anhaus (Collettivo_21)
3 August: Workshop final concert (pieces for electric guitar), with live recording
Attendance as an actual student is €160; free access for auditors (subject to availability). Lessons begin on 01/08/2024 and end on 03/08/2024 (total no. 3 effective days). The course will be held in English/Italian. Lessons will be held at CDM's premises.
The cost of the course includes:
1. Workshop lessons (works for electric guitar) with professors and performers
2. The possibility of attending all the lessons and/or seminar and lectures held during the course
3. The performance (and recording) of the pieces presented during the masterclass in a public concert organised by Foresty International Music Festival
4. The use of study spaces, whose hours will be self-managed by the students and coordinated with the activities taking place.
5. Issue of certificates of participation authenticated by the teacher and the organisation
6. The possibility, in the days following the course, to rent CdM San Michele studio at an advantageous price. For further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details are available at web pages: