The master class will take place in the evocative setting of the Fortezza Vecchia of Livorno, from 17 to 23 August 2023, and is aimed at creating a concert in the program of the Livorno Music Festival 13th edition.
The teaching program is divided into individual composition lessons and collective analysis courses. The final concert will be dedicated to "Le città invisibili" by Italo Calvino: each of the compositions presented must, in fact, be freely inspired by one of the cities described in the novel.
The interpreters available includes:
- Two sopranos;
- Flute (also piccolo, flute in G and bass flute);
- percussions (1 player: glockenspiel, piatto crash, piatto ride, triangoli, molle ammortizzatori, frusta, tom tom acuto, tom tom medio, tamburello basco, tamburo rullante, bongos, congas);
The compositions must have a maximum of three performers (voice/s included). The projects will be selected on the basis of the quality and originality of the musical idea.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS:
- the organization reserves the right to make one or more scholarships available to the most deserving students, to be awarded at the end of the course and at the teacher's unquestionable judgment.
- a student of the composition masterclass will be awarded the Peter Maxwell Davies Award, which provides for the presentation of a composition in world premiere with the ContempoArtEnsemble in the 2024 season.
- a student of the composition masterclass will be selected to have direct access to the final round of the Veretti Competition 2024, organized by the Scuola di Musica di Fiesole.
Details are available at web pages: