1) Composers of any age and nationality
2) Compositions must not have been previously published or awarded in previous composition competitions and never publicly performed.
Length and Format
1) 7-15 minutes in duration
2) Piece must be for one to six players using any of the following instruments:
clarinet (1), violin (1 or 2), viola (1), cello (1), piano (1)
Application (June 15, 2020 Deadline)
1) Short Biography (200 words max)
2) Submissions via email only to email@example.com
3) Scores must be attached as PDF files; please also include a recording, mp3, or midi file of your composition if possible.
4) There is no application fee.
1) Winners will be announced on 1st July 2020 on our website. The jury’s decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
1) One prize only of £3000.
2) The winning work will be premiered at the 2020 SMF in September.
The Solent Music Festival is extremely grateful to Neil Lawson-May for generously sponsoring this award.
Details are available at web pages: