Dates: 18-22 July 2024 (5 days)
Application Deadline: 17 April 2024 11.59 pm
The Composition Masterclass is aimed at all composers who wish to present their works (for any instrument) and who wish to discuss topics ranging from compositional techniques to reflections on contemporary writing with Mauro Lanza and Franesco Filidei. During the course days there will be meetings dedicated to listening to and discussing the pieces presented, moments in which the professors will talk about their own production, and there will also be convivial and informal moments in which to discuss the topics that emerge from the meetings in an atmosphere of mutual sharing and listening.
Ensemble in Residence: Collettivo_21
The contemporary music ensemble Collettivo_21 is available to students for reading sessions of the presented pieces - if you are interested in a reading session, please contact the ensemble at email@example.com in order to submit the score/draft.
Ensemble (1 performer per instrument):
-flute (also piccolo and alto flute)
-saxophone (tenor, alto)
-cello (also electric bass)
-piano (please contact in advance for piano preparation)
-classical guitar and electric guitar (please contact for effects/instrumentation)
-percussion (please contact for a list of available instruments)
-electronics (please contact for electronics).
The ensemble also offers individual time with each performer during the course, with the possibility of discussing extended techniques and other issues.
Attendance as an actual student is €350; free access for auditors (subject to availability). Lessons begin on 18/07/2024 and end on 22/07/2024 (total no. 5 effective days). The course will be held in English/Italian. Lessons will be held at CDM's premises.
The cost of the course includes:
1. Individual and group lessons with Francesco Filidei and Mauro Lanza
2. Readings session with Collettivo_21
3. Individual time with the members of Collettivo_21
4. The possibility of attending all the lessons and/or seminar and lectures held during the course
5. The use of study spaces, whose hours will be self-managed by the students and coordinated with the activities taking place.
6. Issue of certificates of participation authenticated by the teacher and the organisation
7. The possibility, in the days following the course, to rent CdM San Michele studio at an advantageous price. For further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details are available at web pages: