Stefan Tiedje is a german performer, composer and improvisor of electronic music and media. Since 1984 Performances with self created algorithmic and live electronic computer programs all over the world. Freelance supporter/assistant for electronic Musicians like Richard Teitelbaum, Alvin Curran, Diamanda Galas, Christopher Franke, Gareth Jones, Conny Plank, Daniel Miller, Bernhard Leitner, Mario Bertoncini, Karlheinz Stockhausen, La Monte Young, Catherine C. Hennix and more. He played in various Ensembles like BICE, DIN A Testbild, Kanal XX, Poltergeist, Trance-Formation, United Berlin. He was musical assistant at Experimentalstudio Freiburg and at the CCMIX in Paris. Momentary active in CLSI, Ensemble Opera Brut, Chora(s)san Time- Court Mirage.

Beside manipulating the time structure of the sounds of musicians with my self created instrument "Les Ondes Memorielles", I create computer programs for composers and musicians. I welcome and treat any sound source from Tibetan Bowls to Objects trouvés or even sounds of the public. Everything is dedicated to the moment. Solving musical problems by technical means is also one of my interests, and both fields lead to a love of improvised music as well as of all contemporary music...