– The competition is anonymous and open to composers of any nationality and age, each of whom may submit only one work.
– The winners of previous Xenakis competitions cannot participate in our 3rd competition.
– The submitted work shall be an electroacoustic composition to be diffused by loudspeakers without the use of live sound interventions.
– The submitted work might implement a maximum of 8 channels and must have a duration between 7 and 15 minutes.
– The submitted work may have been performed in concerts but It should not be the object of any discographic publication rights.
– The deadline for submissions is the 1st of January 2021
The Jury will select and mention the 5 highest quality works and will award three of them with prizes of €600 €400 €300 respectively. Contemporary Music Lab will present the distincted pieces in a concert in September of 2021. The chair of the jury will be present there for this special event.
The entry fee for participation is 15€.
Annette Vande Gorne (BE) – Chair
Manuella Blackburn (UK)
Gilles Gobeil (CA)
Damian Gorandi (AR/FR)
Panayiotis Kokoras (GR/US)
Details are available at web pages: