The members of SONIT (Axel Retif and Jonathan Figueroa), along with composer Horacio
Fernández Vázquez, invite 4 Latin-American composers residing in any country in the world to
their CALL FOR Scores/Submissions to include their piece in a concert by flutist Emily Duncan
(plus optional piano or electronics) in the City of New York in May of 2021.
1. Open to Latin-American composers residing in any part of the world. Age limit: 40 years
2. The instrumentation of the work may be for flute solo; flute and piano; flute and fixed
electronics; or flute, piano, and fixed electronics. Piccolo and alto flute are also available
for doubling. Duration of the work should be from 3 to 5 minutes long.
3. Composers may send one of these 3 types of submissions: Completed compositions
(already premiered or not), compositions that are a work in progress (it must adhere to the
call’s instrumentation; at least 1 minute of music already written), or a portfolio of
compositions along with a project proposal.
4. For completed compositions or works in progress, participants should send the score in
PDF format. An mp3 recording or sample will be optional. You may only send one piece.
5. In the case of sending a portfolio of compositions and project proposal, this will consist of
the following: Participants will send 3 of their most representative works (PDF, optional
MP3; if you want us to listen to any particular section or movement please let us know)
and a composition proposal (PDF) detailing any relevant information about the piece you
want to write. It may be written in English or Spanish.
6. In any 3 types of submissions, EVERYTHING (scores, audios, proposals) must be labeled
with a pseudonym, please don’t use your real name.
7. 2 composers will be selected from each of these 2 categories:
Category A: Compositions inspired directly by Latin-American folk or urban culture.
Category B: Compositions inspired by any other sources.
8. Submission Fee: 12 USD.
9. Submission fee will be used to give the performers a payment for their time and work, as
well, to cover any expenses that will come across with rehearsals and the final concert.
Details are available at web pages: