The International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music is pleased to announce the biennial PRIX CIME 2021 International Electroacoustic Music Competition.
The International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music (ICEM) was founded in 1981 in Bourges, France and since then it is a member of the International Music Council (IMC). CIME-ICEM is a non-profit international organization consisting of National Federations and Organization, Institution and Associate Members.
The competition is divided into two categories:
• Category 1: Prix CIME - Open to all composers regardless of age.
• Category 2: Residency Prix CIME - Open to all composers born after December 31, 1986.
• The competition is open to all regardless of gender, nationality, affiliation and irrespective if your country of residence is a member of ICEM
• Applicants may submit only one composition
• Only works written within the last 5 years will be considered
• Anonymous submission is required.
• There is no duration limitation
• There is no entry fee
• Open to all forms of electroacoustic music including:
o fixed audio
o instrument(s) and electronics (fixed and/or live)
o video music
o sound art and new interfaces
- Work in progress will not be considered.
Emmanuel Blanco (LNME Cuba)
Francis Dhomont (ICEM Member of Honor)
Marcelo Espíndola (CECH Chile)
Annette Vande Gorne (M&R Belgium)
Martyna Kosecka (SPECTRO Iran)
Andrea Mniestris (HELMCA Greece)
Jon Nelson (CEMI/UNT TX/USA)
Elzbieta Sikora (ICEM Member of Honor)
Barry Truax (ICEM Founding Member)
1. The competition will award the following prizes:
• Category 1 - Prix CIME (the prize could be divisible in the case of ex aequo)
• Category 2 - Residency Prix CIME
2. The Studio Residencies for category 2 include 1-2 weeks studio support, accommodation, and lodging arranged by each center independently. The participating centers will be announced in due time
3. The selected works from both categories will receive:
- ICEM CD/DVD release
- Distribution to the ICEM members for concert/broadcast programming
- Performance at the ICEM annual festival
- Online publication
- There is no prize money for the awarded works
4. The jury has the right to award Honorable Mentions
The competition is administered by the ICEM Main Board. Please direct questions about the competition or the submission process to the ICEM Secretary Panayiotis Kokoras at email@example.com
Details are available with the application form.