The objective of the contest is to promote the creation of pieces for solo accordion and for accordion in chamber music.
The works may be composed for solo accordion or for chamber music with accordion, and their length may not exceed 10 minutes. The works of chamber music must be composed for a maximum of four players in which there is at least one accordion.
The competition is opened to composers of any age and nationality. Only pieces written after January 2018 will be admitted.
Works presented may be commissioned, but must never have been previously performed either in public or through any digital or mechanical means. Works that have been previously awarded or published will not be admitted.
- Awarded work will be published by the organization. The jury may even consider at their discretion the publication of other works that haven’t been awarded.
- The organization reserves the right to make room for the awarded piece in the next editions of the “Arrasate Competition“, moreover the organization will be able to record, produce and distribute the executions of the awarded piece, without inducing under any circumstances other economic obligations than the merely derived by the protected rights.
- The organization, together with the jury, reserves the right to declare prize void, in which case, a personality or an
organisation will be awarded in gratitude for the trajectory of their work.
- It is compulsory that the following caption be included in all concert programs, as well as in printed publications and audio media where the awarded work appears or is mentioned:
First Prize of the XV International Composition Competition Francisco Escudero.
- The participation will imply that the contestant accepts the terms of the competition.
- The Jury will comprise well-known composers and accordion players.
- The decision of the Jury is final.
First award 2.000'€ and the publication of the score
No entry fee.
Details are available at web pages: