Participation is open to composers who identify themselves as emerging of any age, ethnicity, gender, sex, and to music of any style and difficulty. All unpublished compositions are allowed: already performed, recorded, awarded or not.
The competition is divided into two categories (it is allowed to submit entries for only one or both categories):
CAT. 1 - Compositions for solo classical guitar. The use of electronic tape (stereo) and amplification is allowed. The use of live electronics is not allowed.
CAT. 2 - Compositions for solo saxophone with a choice of soprano saxophone, alto sax., tenor sax and baritone sax. In addition, one or more instrument changes within the score itself are allowed, as long as the time required for the instrument change is taken into consideration. The use of electronic tape (stereo) and amplification is allowed. The use of live electronics is not allowed.
5′ - 10′
One composition from each category will be selected.
Each selected composer will be offered:
- performance of the selected composition during the fifth edition of the ECHI Festival 2022
- housing for two nights in Arezzo to attend the concert (attendance is not mandatory, but highly recommended)
- reimbursement of travel expenses up to € 150
- professional audio recording of the performance (by our festival’s sound engineer)
- professional video recording of the performance (by Farrago Productions)
- inclusion of the composition in the repertoire of the soloists (Michele Bianchini - saxophone, Giovanni Martinelli - guitar) for future performances
- (optional but very welcome) presence as a member of the jury in the next edition of the call for scores
August 20th, 2022.
There is no limit to the amount of compositions that can be submitted.
A non-refundable entry fee of €10 for each composition must be paid via PayPal.
Details are available at web pages: