The educational and concert platform for new music DME is announcing the 3rd edition of the International Summer School for composers, with which they will collaborate with talented musicians Éric-Maria Couturier (cellist of Ensemble Intercontemporain) and Bertrand Chavarria-Aldrete (guitar player, visual artist and composer who premiered more than 90 contemporary pieces as a performer).
This event will take place in Lisbon, Portugal, on July 6-10, 2023. Composers regardless of age and residence are welcome to apply.
This year, the composition tutor will be Jaime Reis (Portugal), who will give group and individual lessons to the students.
Deadline for application is April 2nd, 2023.
Each selected participant will have the following opportunities:
• Lessons with composer Jaime Reis;
• Rehearsals with the artists Éric-Maria Couturier and Bertrand Chavarria-Aldrete;
• Access to other workshops and lectures (to be announced);
• Call for scores to be performed at the final concert of the masterclasses on July 10th, 2023. The available instruments are: cello and guitar. Both solo and duo pieces will be accepted, with or without electronics (fixed and live). Acousmatic pieces will also be considered (up to sixteen channels). Only one piece will be performed. Please note that the musicians need to receive the scores the latest on June 1st, 2023.
• Audio and video recording of the pieces made during the final concert.
• Attending other concerts of the festival which will be held at the same time (July 6-10th, 2023).
The tuition fees depend on the following categories:
· Active participation (one individual lesson with the tutor) + Piece Performed: €500,00
· Active participation (one individual lesson with the tutor) + Piece Performed (Acousmatic): €350,00
· Passive participation (possibility to attend all activities, no individual lesson and no piece performed): €150
Portuguese composers (or resident in Portugal) are entitled to receive a grant that will range between €50,00 and €200,00. The grant applicants should attach a motivation letter in the formulary with maximum 3000 characters.
Each participant is responsible for her or his travel expenses, accommodation and meals in Lisbon.
To apply, please fill in the form: https://forms.gle/zdyTrLUAHhMEaVU16
If you have any questions, feel free to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details are available at web pages: