ULYSSES COMMUNITY TOOL MISSION STATEMENT
The ULYSSES Community Platform is an online tool specially designed for two kinds of users:
- Artists: young composers, performers, and visual artists active in the field of contemporary music.
- Organizations: ensembles, festivals, academies and cultural managers active in the field of contemporary music.
The ULYSSES Community Platform has been developed in order to give to these two kinds of users access to the following functionalities:
- Profile : contains basic information about the artists or organizations.
- Members search engine : allows any registered user to make a precise research and to find other members using different precise criteria
- Works : allows members to add works (recordings, videos, scores …) as a composer, performer or producer of the work.
- Works search engine : allows any registered user to make a precise search based on specific criteria.
- Information sharing : articles, posts, shared documents, messages.
- Groups : allows members to collaborate on specific topics and share documents and information regarding associated events.
- Search tool : allows users to find artists, venues, works, festivals, groups etc.
The ULYSSES Community Platform has been designed to help artists make their work known, to express their particular talents and centers of interest and to participate in collective activities with other artists and organizations.
Organizations, cultural managers and producers can use the ULYSSES Community Platform to promote and widen the impact of their activities, to share information about talented composers and performers, to announce calls (for competitions, workshops, seminars, festival participation etc.) and to create a network of venues available for the performance of new music.
The ULYSSES Community Platform has been developed at IRCAM in collaboration with the ULYSSES Network's partners
. This project has been funded with the support of the European Commission.